The ACAMP story
Founded in 2007, ACAMP is a unique industry-led advanced technology product development centre that entrepreneurs count on to move their innovation from proof-of-concept to manufactured product by providing access to multidisciplinary engineers, technology experts, unique specialized equipment, and industry acumen.
We focus on electronics hardware, firmware, software (ML/AI), sensors, and embedded systems. We are the only advanced technology product development group in Canada that provides a full range of support at each stage of the product development process.
ACAMP also supports the development of autonomous transportation technologies and is leading the Autonomous Systems for Transportation Consortium ― promoting collaboration between the Alberta government, local technology developers and multinational automotive companies.
What makes us unique?
We are the only advanced technology product development group in Canada that provides a full range of support at each stage of the product development process, including:
- Hardware, Software (ML/AI) & Firmware Design.
- Testing & characterization.
- Low-volume production.
- Design for manufacturing.
We are one of the few locations in Canada with expertise in Low-Temperature Co-fired Ceramics (LTCC), a specialized electronics packaging technology suited for harsh operating environments and high-frequency electronics.
Visit our services section to learn more.
By the numbers
- Our Edmonton and Calgary facilities are spread over a total of 14,000 square feet and house over $15 million in specialized product development equipment.
- Since 2007, we have helped over 440 clients commercialize their technology.
- Our clients are generating over $500 million in revenue annually.
- On average, we support over 120 projects per year.
- We have trained over 4,600 Highly Qualified Personnel.
Our mandate and mission
- Build and retain advanced technology capability and capacity in Alberta.
- Enable Canadian enterprises to leverage a highly qualified engineering support team with leading-edge development tools.
- Help Canadian businesses develop globally-competitive technologies.